Friday, September 24, 2010

TESOL certified!

     I did it! Part 1 of my frolicking in India is complete!  I am hereby certified by the American TESOL Institute to Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages!  Woooop!  I am headed back to my apartment now where there is no internet.  I hop a train at 2 pm on Monday for Chennai, hang out there for several hours, then hop another train to Kannur, Kerela.  I heard that the trains are quite an experience so I can't wait to tell ya all about it :-)  I have plenty of catching up to do so Ill blog it up on the train!  I should arrive to Kerela by Tuesday evening (I think) and from there I'll be picked up and transported to my new home for the next 3 months.  I'll be teaching English at the RIMS International School <---check it out! Namoshkar :-) ...at least until Tuesday...then I will start learning Malayalam...which is completely different from Bengali...ha!

1 comment:

  1. SUMMMER!!!!! CONGRADULATIONS!!!! im so proud of you, now you can teach just about anywhere...right? I hope your train ride went well, would love to hear all about it, i have still yet to ride a train (they seem to be more expensive in most places) but i will do it sometime, maybe we can do it together! in Argentina! anyways sounds like everything is going well for you, im doing well, i think i have finally gotten a hold of this whole 18 credits thing, and i'm doing well, i'm actually ahead this week rather than struggling to keep up :) and i got As on all of my first exams (except one) but we wont worry about that now. This weekend im going to this little min music festival out in windsor so im excited about that. anyways i'll write you again soon, love you!!!
    kelly

    ReplyDelete