Tuesday, September 7, 2010

frolicking without borders--- first stop, INDIA!

Well, here it is.  My infamous epic "peace out" that I have been talking about for so many years has finally occurred.  After frolicking about and seeing a lot of Central America (a LOT of Nicaragua--which now I'd like to call a second home) I decided it was time to see a different hemisphere!  So in a nutshell:  I arrive in Kolkata, India at 9 am on Saturday, September 4.  I take classes at the American TESOL Institute for 3 weeks and receive teaching certificate.  I then will head to the southern tip of India to Kannur, Kerela and teach English at a Montessori school for 3 months.  My visa does not run up until late January so I plan to take advantage of my legality in the country and scamper about some landmarks with some friends I will have hopefully made by then.  During these months I will try to set up an actual teaching job in another country so that I can do that upon my boot from India. 

    1:00 pm, Chicago
The best way to enter Chicago and begin a one-way ticket journey to India is having the flight attendant say, "We hope you enjoy your stay here in Chicago or wherever your destination may be.  Be careful out there."   Dually noted there ma'am.  I don't feel that I should describe my Chicago airport experience any more than that I was so excited to get to the terminal for my departure in 5 hours that I neglected to take a breath and get my LAST AMERICAN MEAL (which I've talked to several of you about)…. so now I'm past security and discovered that there is no more than Bugles, Fritos, and $3 Mountain Dews at a newspaper stand.  Welp, thanks to Kat, Megan, and Kelsey's emergency survival stash, I am not too upset about missing out on some deep dish.  Nothing says American like Trail Mix and Ring Pops!  I'm pretty stoked that I may or may not get to practice some Deutsch when I arrive in Frankfurt after an 8 hour flight. 
    Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment