Thursday, September 16, 2010

Im sweating on a businessman with a cane

Wednesday, September 15
10:15 pm
    A bug just crawled out of my keyboard…not bueno.  I really hope everyone was wondering what i was doing about 30 minutes ago haha.  I was in completely stopped Kolkata traffic, one of six people in a turned off rickshaw (saves gas…taxis do it too, just turn off vehicles mid-intersection…no big) in the back seat squeezed between a younger business man with a briefcase, and an old business man with a cane.  In front of me of course is the driver, and on either side of him he has a girl who looks about 17 and a guy on the other side with a backpack.  Yet again with the whole awkward white person thing…I just start cracking up… Im thinking about what everyone I know is doing at that exact moment and I find myself sweating on some poor old dude, and jamming my elbow into the guy to the left….while all six of us breathe in exhaust fumes together…priceless.
    Anyways I was on my way back from my second movie experience; however, this time I went BOLLYWOOD!!!! The movie was call Dabaang and was essentially a salad bowl of Jacki Chan, The Matrix, Hot Fuzz, Reno 911, any dubbed Dojo movie you can think of, add some extra cheesy, some belly dancing, singing, and men dancing in scoop neck white t-shirts…and you have yourself the hottest new Bollywood movie in India.  No, it was not in English, nor did it have subtitles….it was brilliant anyways.   I recommend everyone find a way to watch this movie and love every minute of it.  Granted, none of you will get the pleasure of watching the Indian National Anthem being sung by an overzealous Indian man with a mullet (so serious), accompanied by some elderly women right before the movie starts; nor will you get to be asked at least seven times during the intermission if you want popcorn, hot dog, french fries, coffee, or ice cream.  Hehe, please just find a way to watch at least one fight scene.
    Ok, I'm off to bed.  I have more peer teaching tomorrow….wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment